In a complimentary webinar, a panel will explore the evolution of the CCP landscape for OTC derivatives and the operational challenges financial institutions face in adapting post-trade processing to meet the requirements of a current and future CCP clearing environment.Operations and clearing experts will review the main initiatives that will shape the CCP for OTC landscape in the next 12 months and explain how market participants are transforming post-trade processes in anticipation of these changes but also to support current circumstances for central clearing.
Topics to be covered include
• Globalization of CCPs – new CCPs in Asia/Pacific and other regions and what this means to a global financial institution from a processing perspective.
• Extension of ‘clearable swaps’ to include additional asset classes, such as FX – operational challenges and opportunities in clearing more types of swaps.
• Update on regulatory reform within EMIR, Dodd-Frank and other regions and the impact on central clearing.
• Collateral management – challenges in establishing collateral allocation, cross-netting and margin management processes within a new and evolving CCP environment; evaluation of post-MF Global changes to collateral segregation.
• Regulatory reporting – the requirements and technological support required to report as needed.
• Settlement and accounting – how to adjust back office processes to cope with central clearing and growth in volumes and complexity.
• Mark Cox, Director, CME Clearing Solutions
• Andrew Coggins, Independent Consultant
• Lee McCormack, Executive Director, OTC Clearing, Morgan Stanley
• Ila Eckhoff, Managing Director, Derivative Initiatives, Oversight and Control, BlackRock Inc.
• John Omahen, Vice President – Post Trade Derivatives Solutions, SunGard
Moderated by Julia Schieffer, CEO & Editor in Chief, DerivSource